Just after Apple released iPad and has seen a huge success of the product worldwide. The other companies are trying to catch up with tablet products. BlackBerry maker Research In Motion is jumping into the tablet arena with the PlayBook. It will have a 7-inch screen and is designed for both personal and business users.
The insides of Blackberry Playbook sound pretty good as well, and almost put the iPad to shame: a dual-core 1GHz processor, 1GB RAM, front and rear facing cameras that both support high definition, Flash 10.1 with hardware acceleration, HDMI out, USB, and HTML5 support.
It’s got a widescreen 1024 x 600 display that supports multi-touch, and RIM was proud to announce that the Playbook will connect with BlackBerry enterprise servers right out of the box. Now, on paper Blackberry Playbook sounds powerful, but it’s really going to be the UI and user experience in software that will make or break this thing.
RIM says that the Blackberry Playbook isn’t just for business, and that its OpenGL support is perfect for gaming. It also has e-reader capabilities, and a full web browser, as previously mentioned. Expect the BlackBerry App World to make an appearance here as well, along with in-app purchase integration that developers will be able to tap in to. RIM also says that the BlackBerry Playbook will be offerred in 3G and 4G models in the future.
Lets see who takes over in this tablet war. iPad already has decent market share but how these new devices are going to snatch the attraction, has yet to be seen.
Blackberry Playbook Specifications :
Blackberry Playbook Specs
- 1 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 7 inch LCD display with 1024 x 600 screen resolution
- Multitouch capacitive display
- Dimensions : 130mm x 194mm x 10mm
- Weight : 400g
- microUSB , micro HDMI and DLNA connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Powered by QNX platform with multitasking
- Full Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- Built-in support for HTML 5
- Video Conferencing with HD Quality and Stereo sound
- 5 MP Rear Camera
- 3 MP Front Camera
- Video playback : 1080p HD video – H.264, MPEG4, WMV , DivX formats
- Audio Playback :MP3, AAC, WMA
- Pair with any Blackberry Device ( min OS 5.0 device) via Bluetooth for Push Email , Calendar , Docs and BBM
Blackberry Playbook Vs iPad
Blackberry Playbook is already compared with Apple’s iPad and the it would be mostly based on Portability , Processor Power, Display and App Store. Blackberry Playbook surely has got better processor power and portability than iPad but it would be a hart nut to break for them to beat Apple’s display and touch effect. Apple’s app store is another thing they will find it difficult to crack.