Have you ever thought about the absence of girls as Linux users? Have you seen any girl struggling with failed dependencies of a rpm package? Can’t they struggle? or this is just a result of their lack of interest in computation in general?
I found the point discussed here and they have pointed out few reasons for their lack of interest(with results based on few researches) .
- Women are less confident
- Women have fewer opportunities for friendship or mentoring
- Women are discouraged from an early age
- Computing perceived as non-social
- Lack of female role models
- Life-work balance more important to women
Do you agree? How can we promote Linux to women ? 😉
LinuxChix is a community for Linux-women.